Terms and conditions
Please read all these terms and conditions.
Once a quotation has been accepted and booking confirmed, the (managing agent has no later than 15 days to make payment which will be requested by means of invoice following completion of requested report) should the booking be requested by a private landlord or tenant then once the booking request has been confirmed payment is requested in advance prior to attending said property and requested report sent directly within 24 hours of completion.
Private landlords and tenants that request our services must forward payment within 24hours to secure the confirmed booking, if not received within the said timescale then the booking will be cancelled.
Same Day Booking requests are to be received no later than 10am on the given day and payment is required within the hour following booking arrangement and confirmation for private landlords and tenants, however managing agents and special arrangements will require payment within 15 days.
Property Inventory Services
Conditions of Inspection
- Vacant property to be inspected will be expected to be clear from clutter and unwanted items and objects, including any decoration or repairs completed prior to Olympus Inventories staff attending.
Key Handover Attendance
- We can arrange for your tenants to receive the property keys once the inspection has been completed and also the acquisition of their signature in person or by means of a digital signature at the start of their tenancy.
- The time required to complete the inspection is directly related to the size and furnishing of the property and if their are any kind of obstructions.
- If your tenants arrive late Olympus Inventories staff will only spend the remaining dedicated time performing the check in as there are other inspections we need to attend in a timely manner.
- If your tenant is late for more than 20 minutes Olympus Inventories staff will leave the property with the keys and return them to origin of collection. Should your tenant arrive early at the property they will be requested to stay outside of the property until the inspection is completed.
Call out charge
- Olympus Inventories staff will not perform an inspection while tenants are moving
in / moving out and in this circumstance a call out charge of £40 applies.
- If an invoice is not settled within 15 days from the inspection date the report will be automatically deleted from our records. An automatic alert is send out via email 24h prior to loosing the report.
Turn around time for your report.
- Olympus Inventories turn around time for an inspection is 24hr which will be sent via email to the party that requested it.
- In order to secure your booking you are required to purchase your chosen service once your request has been confirmed by means of an invoice with direct link to appropriate bank account for private landlords and tenants, however managing agents and property professionals are to make payment to completed reports invoice no late than 15 days to said bank account.
- Cancelations must be received no later than 24hrs prior to the inspection booking date and should this not be honoured then a 50% booking charge will be applied. Should payment have already have been made in advance then the difference will be immediately refunded.
- Olympus Inventories will perform its services in Birmingham and surrounding areas, and for out of area an additional fee of £25 will be required.
Cancellation of booking
- Olympus Inventories requires a minimum of 24 h notice for cancellation. Should you cancel the booking less than 24h in advance a call out charge will apply. See above.
- Additional services such as an inventory of the cutlery, cookery, dishes, cups, art , numerous decorative items up to a total of 50 items is available for an additional fee of £30. Check Outs – If original report accounts for small items this must be booked as extras.
- Additional rooms such as porch, dinning room, second lounge, study, stairs and landings, 3rd washroom, conservatory, winter garden, garage, loft, cellar, garden and shed or any other will be included in the service for an additional fee of £10 per room.
- Annex / outbuildings containing kitchenette and washroom are charged at extra £30.
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the services and goods by you (the Customer or you). We are Olympus Inventories of Izabella House, 24-26 Regent Place, Birmingham, West Midlands, B1 3NJ with email address firstname.lastname@example.org; telephone number 0333 339 2705 ; (the Supplier or us or we).
- These are the terms on which we sell all Services to you. Before placing an order on the Website, you will be asked to agree to these Terms and Conditions by clicking on the button marked ‘I Accept’. If you do not click on the button, you will not be able to complete your Order. You can only purchase the Services and Goods from the Website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
- Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside his or her trade, business, craft or profession;
- Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Services;
- Delivery Location means the Supplier’s premises or other location where the Services are to be supplied, as set out in the Order;
- Durable Medium means paper or email, or any other medium that allows information to be addressed personally to the recipient, enables the recipient to store the information in a way accessible for future reference for a period that is long enough for the purposes of the information, and allows the unchanged reproduction of the information stored;
- Goods means any goods that we supply to you with the Services, of the number and description as set out in the Order;
- Order means the Customer’s order for the Services from the Supplier as submitted following the step by step process set out on the Website;
- Services means the services advertised on the Website, including any Goods, of the number and description set out in the Order;
- Website means our website pixelstage01.wpengine.com on which the Services are advertised.
- The description of the Services and any Goods is as set out in the Website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in the size and colour of any Goods supplied.
- In the case of Services and any Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.
- All Services which appear on the Website are subject to availability.
- We can make changes to the Services which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement. We will notify you of these changes.
- You must co-operate with us in all matters relating to the Services, provide us and our authorised employees and representatives with access to any premises under your control as required, provide us with all information required to perform the Services and obtain any necessary licences and consents (unless otherwise agreed).
- Failure to comply with the above is a Customer default which entitles us to suspend performance of the Services until you remedy it or if you fail to remedy it following our request, we can terminate the Contract with immediate effect on written notice to you.
- We may contact you by using e-mail or other electronic communication methods and by pre-paid post and you expressly agree to this.
Basis of Sale
- The description of the Services and any Goods in our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Services or Goods. When an Order has been submitted on the Website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
- The Order process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the Order. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly.
- A Contract will be formed for the Services ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the Order (Order Confirmation). You must ensure that the Order Confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Order placed by you. By placing an Order you agree to us giving you confirmation of the Contract by means of an email with all information in it (ie the Order Confirmation). You will receive the Order Confirmation within a reasonable time after making the Contract, but in any event not later than the delivery of any Goods supplied under the Contract, and before performance begins of any of the Services.
- Any quotation or estimate of Fees (as defined below) is valid for a maximum period of 1 day from its date, unless we expressly withdraw it at an earlier time.
- No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Services, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier in writing.
- We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as a Consumer. If this is not the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different contract with terms which are more appropriate for you and which might, in some respects, be better for you, eg by giving you rights as a business.
Fees and Payment
- The fees (Fees) for the Services, the price of any Goods (if not included in the Fees) and any additional delivery or other charges is that set out on the Website at the date we accept the Order or such other price as we may agree in writing. Prices for Services may be calculated on a fixed price or on a standard daily rate basis.
- Fees and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
- You must pay by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order and we can take payment immediately or otherwise before delivery of the Services.
- We will deliver the Services, including any Goods, to the Delivery Location by the time or within the agreed period or, failing any agreement:
- in the case of Services, within a reasonable time; and
- in the case of Goods, without undue delay and, in any event, not more than 30 days after the day on which the Contract is entered into.
- In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Services on time, you can require us to reduce the Fees or charges by an appropriate amount (including the right to receive a refund for anything already paid above the reduced amount). The amount of the reduction can, where appropriate, be up to the full amount of the Fees or charges.
- In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Goods on time, you can (in addition to any other remedies) treat the Contract at an end if:
- we have refused to deliver the Goods, or if delivery on time is essential taking into account all the relevant circumstances at the time the Contract was made, or you said to us before the Contract was made that delivery on time was essential; or
- after we have failed to deliver on time, you have specified a later period which is appropriate to the circumstances and we have not delivered within that period.
- If you treat the Contract at an end, we will (in addition to other remedies) promptly return all payments made under the Contract.
- If you were entitled to treat the Contract at an end, but do not do so, you are not prevented from cancelling the Order for any Goods or rejecting Goods that have been delivered and, if you do this, we will (in addition to other remedies) without delay return all payments made under the Contract for any such cancelled or rejected Goods. If the Goods have been delivered, you must return them to us or allow us to collect them from you and we will pay the costs of this.
- If any Goods form a commercial unit (a unit is a commercial unit if division of the unit would materially impair the value of the goods or the character of the unit) you cannot cancel or reject the Order for some of those Goods without also cancelling or rejecting the Order for the rest of them.
- We do not generally deliver to addresses outside England and Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and Channels Islands. If, however, we accept an Order for delivery outside that area, you may need to pay import duties or other taxes, as we will not pay them.
- You agree we may deliver the Goods in instalments if we suffer a shortage of stock or other genuine and fair reason, subject to the above provisions and provided you are not liable for extra charges.
- If you or your nominee fail, through no fault of ours, to take delivery of the Services at the Delivery Location, we may charge the reasonable costs of storing and redelivering them.
- The Goods will become your responsibility from the completion of delivery or Customer collection. You must, if reasonably practicable, examine the Goods before accepting them.
Risk and Title
- Risk of damage to, or loss of, any Goods will pass to you when the Goods are delivered to you.
- You do not own the Goods until we have received payment in full. If full payment is overdue or a step occurs towards your bankruptcy, we can choose, by notice to cancel any delivery and end any right to use the Goods still owned by you, in which case you must return them or allow us to collect them.
Withdrawal and cancellation
- You can withdraw the Order by telling us before the Contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.
- This is a distance contract (as defined below) which has the cancellation rights (Cancellation Rights) set out below. These Cancellation Rights, however, do not apply, to a contract for the following goods and services (with no others) in the following circumstances:
- contracts where you have specifically requested a visit from us for the purpose of carrying out urgent repairs or maintenance, except a contract for (a) services in addition to the urgent repairs or maintenance requested or (b) goods other than replacement parts necessarily used in making the repairs or carrying out the maintenance, if we supply those services or goods on the occasion of that visit;
- goods that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised;
- goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
Right to cancel
- Subject as stated in these Terms and Conditions, you can cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party, other than the carrier, indicated by you, acquires physical possession of the last of the Goods. In a contract for the supply of services only (without goods), the cancellation period will expire 14 days from the day the Contract was entered into. In a contract for the supply of goods over time (ie subscriptions), the right to cancel will be 14 days after the first delivery.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this Contract by a clear statement setting out your decision (eg a letter sent by post, fax or email). You can use the attached model cancellation form, but it is not obligatory. In any event, you must be able to show clear evidence of when the cancellation was made, so you may decide to use the model cancellation form.
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Commencement of Services in the cancellation period
- We must not begin the supply of a service (being part of the Services) before the end of the cancellation period unless you have made an express request for the service.
Effects of cancellation in the cancellation period
- Except as set out below, if you cancel this Contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
Payment for Services commenced during the cancellation period
- Where a service is supplied (being part of the Service) before the end of the cancellation period in response to your express request to do so, you must pay an amount for the supply of the service for the period for which it is supplied, ending with the time when we are informed of your decision to cancel the Contract. This amount is in proportion to what has been supplied in comparison with the full coverage of the Contract. This amount is to be calculated on the basis of the total price agreed in the Contract or, if the total price were to be excessive, on the basis of the market value of the service that has been supplied, calculated by comparing prices for equivalent services supplied by other traders. You will bear no cost for supply of that service, in full or in part, in this cancellation period if that service is not supplied in response to such a request.
Deduction for Goods supplied
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any Goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (ie handling the Goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods: eg it goes beyond the sort of handling that might be reasonably allowed in a shop). This is because you are liable for that loss and, if that deduction is not made, you must pay us the amount of that loss.
Timing of reimbursement
- If we have not offered to collect the Goods, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we receive back from you any Goods supplied, or
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have sent back the Goods.
- If we have offered to collect the Goods or if no Goods were supplied or to be supplied (ie it is a contract for the supply of services only), we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this Contract.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- If you have received Goods in connection with the Contract which you have cancelled, you must send back the Goods or hand them over to us at 215 Lordswood Road, Harborne, Birminfgham, West Midlands, B17 8QP without delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate to us your cancellation of this Contract. The deadline is met if you send back the Goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You agree that you will have to bear the cost of returning the Goods.
- For the purposes of these Cancellation Rights, these words have the following meanings:
- distance contract means a contract concluded between a trader and a consumer under an organised distance sales or service-provision scheme without the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer, with the exclusive use of one or more means of distance communication up to and including the time at which the contract is concluded;
- sales contract means a contract under which a trader transfers or agrees to transfer the ownership of goods to a consumer and the consumer pays or agrees to pay the price, including any contract that has both goods and services as its object.
Conformity and Guarantee
- We have a legal duty to supply the Goods in conformity with the Contract, and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following obligation.
- Upon delivery, the Goods will:
- be of satisfactory quality;
- be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the Goods which, before the Contract is made, you made known to us (unless you do not actually rely, or it is unreasonable for you to rely, on our skill and judgment) and be fit for any purpose held out by us or set out in the Contract; and
- conform to their description.
- It is not a failure to conform if the failure has its origin in your materials.
- We will supply the Services with reasonable skill and care.
- We will immediately, or within a reasonable time, give you the benefit of the free guarantee given by the manufacturer of the Goods. Details of the guarantee, including the name and address of the manufacturer, the duration and territorial scope of the guarantee, are set out in the manufacturer’s guarantee supplied with the Goods. This guarantee will take effect at the time the Goods are delivered, and will not reduce your legal rights.
- We will provide the following after-sales service: Amendments , modifications of the reports, uploading of photographs or consultation on the subjects of the report.
- In relation to the Services, anything we say or write to you, or anything someone else says or writes to you on our behalf, about us or about the Services, is a term of the Contract (which we must comply with) if you take it into account when deciding to enter this Contract, or when making any decision about the Services after entering into this Contract. Anything you take into account is subject to anything that qualified it and was said or written to you by us or on behalf of us on the same occasion, and any change to it that has been expressly agreed between us (before entering this Contract or later).
Duration, termination and suspension
- The Contract continues as long as it takes us to perform the Services.
- Either you or we may terminate the Contract or suspend the Services at any time by a written notice of termination or suspension to the other if that other:
- commits a serious breach, or series of breaches resulting in a serious breach, of the Contract and the breach either cannot be fixed or is not fixed within 30 days of the written notice; or
- is subject to any step towards its bankruptcy or liquidation.
- On termination of the Contract for any reason, any of our respective remaining rights and liabilities will not be affected.
Successors and our sub-contractors
- Either party can transfer the benefit of this Contract to someone else, and will remain liable to the other for its obligations under the Contract. The Supplier will be liable for the acts of any sub-contractors who it chooses to help perform its duties.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
- In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
- the party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and
- the party’s obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that that party will act reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the Customer’s above rights relating to delivery (and the right to cancel below).
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com should you have any queries about our terms and conditions above.